KISD Volunteer Registration
All volunteers in KISD must register in CERVIS (Community Event Registration & Volunteer Information System) and pass a one-time background check. This is done through the Klein ISD web site. Instructions are below for new and returning volunteers. If you have previously volunteered in any KISD school, you are returning volunteer. Thank you for volunteering!
Signing up is easy and involves two steps:
- Completing the Volunteer Application
- Completing criminal Background Check
To begin, click below and follow the instructions.
Important: Your profile and criminal background check submission name MUST be identical. If not, it will hinder the approval process. Once cleared, you can make changes to your profile in CERVIS.
Please complete all information. Under “Volunteer Groups", select Doerre (and any other KISD schools your children attend) and then click the “Add Volunteer Information to Profile”. You will get a confirmation screen stating “Thank you for submitting the Volunteer Sign Up Form. The process will not be completed until a Criminal Background Check Form has been electronically submitted.”
Make sure you return to the Volunteer Sign Up page and go to Step #9.
Remember: Both the Volunteer Application and Background Check must be completed before an individual may volunteer in any KISD school.
If you have previously volunteered at any KISD campus you do not need to repeat the background check and volunteer application. Please log-in to your CERVIS account and update your information:
- Log into your CERVIS account here.
- Under Profile Management, select “View/ Update Volunteer Profile Information” and then select “View/ Update Volunteer Profile Information” again at change of screen.
- Edit your child's grade level, and your volunteer interests and availability.
- Ensure you have Doerre selected under Volunteer groups.
- Click “Update” at the bottom of the page.
Now you are ready to volunteer!